Year 2038 bug?


A decade ago, everybody seemed to be very pumped up about the Y2K bug. Although the media had to do something about all that hype, nevertheless, there were some truth into it. It was a good thing that some systems were able to make the necessary cleaning up and preparation before the turn of the century.

Around 28-years and 15 days from now, or on the Year 2038, 19th of January at 1500 Hours, 14 Minutes and 7 Seconds, we are going to have another major glitch in the system -- The 2038 Bug. The name doesn't really have that same ring into it compared to Y2K Bug -- but -- it seems to bring in a similar problem. Question this time might be -- would we take this bug seriously?

Wait... 2012 is just less than a year from now -- the end of the world is basically around the corner. I guess this wouldn't be a problem after all.

Here are some information:
2038bug.com

* I found this laying around in my Drafts. I thought it's better to publish and share it with you guys, in case you forgot -- I know I did.

No comments: