Might be the 1st used iPad on sale

Barely 3 months since the release of Apple's iPad, upon loitering around the computer shops in my place, I was stunned to see this:



Well, I was stunned for a couple of reasons. First, it's a little bit too early, for me at least. I mean, it is inevitable here in Japan that used stuff will bound to pop-up at some point. It's not clear from the picture, but that's an iPad Wifi + 3G - 32Gb model. Since its release on April 30 this year, in less than 2 months, the previous owner decided to just sell it to a used store here. Maybe for some personal reason, or maybe he found it not to be as magical and amazing for his or her taste. Be that as it may, it is there, and it is now for sale.

Which then leads us to the second reason...

Second reason is something about the price. If you take a pick at Japan's Apple Store website, this is priced at ¥71,800. And this used iPad is sold at ¥69,800.

This is stunning for me because I, more often than not, buy used electronics, but not at this price difference. Used stuff can be bought here with a 30% - 70% price slash. But this? I'll let you do the math. I'm pretty sure thats not even 5% off the original price.

(Come to think about it, I think most of my gadgets had previous owners. Well, as they say, one man's junk, is another man's treasure.)

There you go, your first glance at a used iPad. Soon enough, they will start popping up like daisies.

No comments: